Cholesterol Bomb Pizza
August 27, 2010
Posted by on
My lovely wife, Glenda, is allergic to wheat so gluten-free cooking is the norm at our house. On two out of three Thursdays, though, she goes to Ithaca to rehearse with her trio, Diamonds in the Rough, and I indulge myself with a home-made pizza. This is my favorite.
Note that while I make my own dough and sauce I will leave it to you, dear reader, to come up with your own, store-bought or home-made as you prefer.
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ½ pound part-skin mozzarella
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled or sliced
- 4 ounces pepperoni, sliced about ⅛ inch thick
- cornmeal (if preparing the pizza on a peel)
Preheat oven to 500° (450° for convection). Stretch the dough into a crust on a pizza plate or a peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread the sauce thinly over the crust. Cover with mozzarella. Arrange the meats on top. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned.